Friday, August 13, 2010

Who I Am.

As I am new to blogging, and as my blog is based on my views of the law in South Dakota and the Black Hills, I thought that I ought to begin by telling my readers a bit about myself. Here goes.

I was born and raised in the Black Hills of South Dakota, with my parents Larry and Janel, my sister Tara, and a number of pets over the years. I attended high school and worked in Rapid City, SD until I left for college. I attended The University of South Dakota in Vermillion where I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, a Master of Public Administration degree, and a Juris Doctor degree. After graduation from the U., I spent a year as a law clerk for the Second Judicial Circuit Courts in Sioux Falls, SD. I was admitted to the State Bar of South Dakota in January 2010.

I returned to the Black Hills and opened my solo law practice in Rapid City, SD in August 2010. My office is located in the Historic Feigel House in Rapid City. I practice law in the following areas: family law, simple wills and estates, criminal law, quasi criminal law, and landlord-tenant law. In my assessment, all of these areas of law deal in some capacity with the home--home life, the physical home, preparation for our home in heaven. This is why I chose the quotation from Charles Parkhurst to describe my blog: "Home interprets heaven. Home is heaven for beginners." My practice is devoted to helping people interpret heaven through the betterment of their homes.

I hope you enjoy my posts and find useful information in my blog!

Happy reading,

Tana

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote you chose. I just might have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete